RHODIOLA (Rosea): Benefits, Uses and Virtues of Rhodiola Rosea? Medicinal properties? Dosage? Side-effects of Rhodiola Rosea? Origins, Composition, Expert opinions, Combination with other plants and more Information on Rhodiola.
- 1 Rhodiola: Medicinal Properties
- 2 Rhodiola: Origins
- 3 Rhodiola: Composition
- 4 Rhodiola: Dosage
- 5 Rhodiola: Ultimate effects, benefits, virtues
- 6 Rhodiola: Side-effects, contraindications
- 7 Rhodiola: Opinions of experts
- 8 Rhodiola: More information
- 9 Rhodiola: Combination with other plants
Rhodiola: Medicinal Properties
Balance – Stress – Memory
– stress, depression, mood, emotions
– overwork, affective disorders, fibromyalgia
– balance of the nervous system (synergy with Ginseng)
– reduces tension in the body
– limits the harmful effects of stress (synergy with Griffonia simplicifolia, Ashwagandha)
– anti-depressant, stimulates positive mood
– memory, alertness
– concentration, intellectual capacity (synergy with Ginseng)
– Rhodiola prevents the degradation of serotonin, dopamine and catecholamines in the brain.
Sleep – Fatigue – Sport
– asthenia, weakness of the body, physical fatigue, chronic fatigue (synergy with Goji Berry)
– chronic fatigue/sport
– increases endurance (synergy with Tribulus and Spirulina)
– increases resistance to cold (synergy with Maca)
– improves sexual functioning and libido
– improves the ability to sleep when needed (synergy with Ashwagandha)
– restores the desire to exercise
– resistance to altitude sickness/improved circulation
The heart – Blood pressure
– cardiovascular problems, high blood pressure
– blood circulation
– regulates heartbeat and cardiac rhythm
– protects the heart (notably after chemotherapy)
Digestion – Liver
– increases appetite (synergy with Cannabis)
– improves absorption of iron
– fights some gastro-intestinal problems (synergy with Turmeric)
– irritable bowel syndrome
– protects the liver from chemical and dietary toxins
Diseases – Cancer – Immunity
– adaptogenic plant: Rhodiola adapts itself to the needs of the body
– immune system/ immunostimulant
– rejuvenation, boosts mechanisms that repair DNA, (traditional usage)
– helps to prevent prostate cancer
– helps to prevent cancer (synergy with Turmeric)
– flu, tuberculosis (traditional usage)
– Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s (synergy with Ashwagandha)
COPYRIGHT © MR-GINSENG.COM
Rhodiola Rosea grows in very cold regions such as high mountain ranges, Norway (where the government wants to introduce it as a medical treatment), Iceland, Sweden and Russia. Rhodiola has been used for 3,000 years by the Inuits, the Vikings and in Siberia. It has been nicknamed the Golden Root. It is likely that it was also used by the Greeks – Dioscorides, the famous ancient doctor and herbalist, wrote of it in his work on medicinal plants.
Rhodiola Rosea is essentially composed of: Rosavin, salidroside, flavonoids, 12 amino acids, 20 minerals and multivitamins, and tannins. The antioxidant properties of Rhodiola are especially powerful, making it very effective for combating aging and for delaying the onset of degenerative diseases as well as for helping to prevent cancer.
Rhodiola should be taken in the morning or at midday, but not in the evening because it can interfere with sleep. It should be taken 30 minutes before eating: from 350 to 550mg/day – 7 days of treatment to 7 days of rest. Dosage can be increased during times of significant athletic effort or during time spent at high altitude.
Rhodiola: Ultimate effects, benefits, virtues
Rhodiola is particularly effective for increasing one’s capacity for concentration (useful before important exams) and for solving problems linked to stress, fatigue and lack of endurance. Rhodiola Rosea is one of the most important medicinal plants for those wishing to increase their athletic capacities, as well as breath and endurance (it improves oxygen supply to the blood). It is used to combat altitude sickness, and it is very effective for regulating blood pressure, protecting the heart and preventing all related diseases. It is also a powerful protector of the immune system, and the plant has traditionally been used by the Inuits to combat flu and tuberculosis.
Rhodiola: Side-effects, contraindications
Rhodiola should not be used in strong doses. It should not be taken simultaneously with stimulant drugs! Dosage should be decreased in the case of over-stimulation (then gradually increased again). Rhodiola should ideally be taken in good health; it is not a plant that cures but one that favors healing. It is good to combine Rhodiola with a calming plant so as to avoid provoking over-stimulation or hypertension, and to accentuate its calming and anti-stress properties.
Rhodiola: Opinions of experts
Rhodiola Rosea is the health plant par excellence according to experts. It acts not on disease but on health, and its effects are rapid. Rhodiola allows us to be alert when we need to be. It is an adaptogenic plant that adapts itself to the needs of the body. It acts like a coach that trains the body’s defensive and anti-stress capacities by pinpointing where, when and how the body should act. Adaptogenic medicinal plants are rare because they allow the body to respond to its different needs and problems (stress, disease, lack of energy, convalescence, nervous tension, blood pressure…). Ginseng, Ashwagandha, Maca are also adaptogenic plants, but Rhodiola Rosea is especially effective in terms of nervous balance and stress management
Rhodiola: More information
A person on edge, who is in need of sleep without necessarily realising it, will benefit from restorative sleep after taking Rhodiola Rosea for several days. In the evening they will feel more tired, especially once they have finished all their daily activities. In summary, Rhodiola is a plant that supplies the body’s need for exertion as much as it gives back after exertion.
Rhodiola: Combination with other plants
Excellent combination of Rhodiola Rosea with Ginseng and Cordyceps (strong vitality, concentration, energy and high sporting performance). Very good synergy with Ashwagandha and Griffonia simplicifolia 5-HTP (stress, sleep, fibromyalgia, anxiety, depression), but also with Maca and Tribulus (endurance, libido, sexuality), Echinacea and Ganoderma (strong immune system, helps to prevent cancer and diseases). Moreover a really good combination with Ginkgo Biloba (memory, concentration, blood circulation) and Guarana (concentration, alertness). Good combination with Peppermint, Cannabis, Lemon Balm (stress, nervous balance), Spirulina (resumption of sport),, Turmeric, Milk Thistle (digestion, protection of the liver), and Goji Berry (chronic fatigue, energy, sleep).
COPYRIGHT © MR-GINSENG.COM – All Rights Reserved.