ROYAL JELLY: Benefits, Uses and Virtues of Royal Jelly? Medicinal properties? Dosage? Side-effects? Origins, Composition, Expert opinions, Combination with other medicinal plants, and more information on Royal Jelly (bee product).
- 1 Royal Jelly: Medicinal Properties
- 2 Royal Jelly: Origins
- 3 Royal Jelly: Composition
- 4 Royal Jelly: Dosage
- 5 Royal Jelly: Ultimate effects, benefits, virtues
- 6 Royal Jelly: Side-effects, contraindications
- 7 Royal Jelly: Opinions of experts
- 8 Royal Jelly: More information
- 9 Royal Jelly: Combination with other plants
Royal Jelly is one of the natural treasures produced by bees, like Propolis and Honey except that it is reserved exclusively for the queen bee and for the royal and newly hatched larvae in the hive. It is thus a super food for the bee elite, serving to protect them and (for the larvae) to give them enough energy to grow rapidly or (for the queen) to lay thousands of eggs every day. Royal Jelly has been used since ancient times to promote long life, stimulate the libido and restore vitality. It is very effective in combating a wide range of external attacks (by protecting immunity, cells, skin…), while at the same time restoring energy. The only notable contraindication for Royal Jelly is allergy to bee products.
Royal Jelly: Medicinal Properties
Strength – Energy – Vitality
- restores strength, energy, vitality (traditional usage) (synergy with Ginseng)
- promotes the healthy functioning of the body and organs
- excellent source of vitamins and minerals (synergy with Goji berry)
- aphrodisiac, combats impotence, frigidity, indirectly stimulates the libido, desire (traditional usage) (synergy with Maca and Tribulus)
- unexplained chronic fatigue (synergy with Ginseng and Maca)
- convalescence, asthenia, weakness of the body (synergy with Spirulina and Ginseng)
- improves endurance (synergy with Rhodiola and Tribulus)
- anorexia, emaciation, restores appetite
- excellent for growth in children and adolescents
- helps to prevent deficiencies and improve endurance for athletes (synergy with Spirulina and Tribulus)
- promotes hormonal balance in men and women
- helps women during menopause
Balance – Stress – Memory
- increases capacity for concentration (synergy with Rhodiola and Ginseng)
- balances the nervous system, improves memory (synergy with Ginkgo biloba and Rhodiola)
- combats stress and promotes sleep (synergy with Rhodiola and Ashwagandha)
- reduces tinnitus, ringing in the ears
- improves concentration, presence of mind, intellectual capacity
- improves cerebral functions
- combats light depression
- reduces nervous tension, promotes relaxation
- restores taste for life, stimulates the desire to be active (but does not interfere with sleep)
- promotes restorative sleep (synergy with Rhodiola)
- insomnia, difficulty falling asleep (synergy with Ashwagandha)
- regulates blood pressure (combats hypertension and hypotension)
- regulates appetite, combats digestive problems
Anti-disease – Natural shield – Flu
- anti-aging, powerful antioxidant (traditional usage) (synergy with Goji Berry and Ginseng)
- natural antibiotic, antibacterial, anti-infection
- protects effectively against diseases and external attacks (synergy with Propolis)
- flu, swine flu (H1N1), colds, fever (excellent combination with Propolis)
- sore throat, tonsillitis, ulcers, sinusitis, bronchitis (++) (synergy with Propolis and Echinacea)
- chronic respiratory conditions
- helps in cancer prevention (no scientific proof, but its rich composition plays an essential role in the healthy functioning of the body and immune system).
- improves the body’s resistance to viruses, bacteria and other infections
- combats bad cholesterol
- vasodilatory action, improves blood circulation
Skin – Hair – Nails -Bones
- skin problems (synergy with Aloe Vera)
- combats eczema
- dry skin
- reinforces and strengthens skin, bones nails, hair
- thickens and nourishes hair
- combats osteoporosis, bone demineralization (synergy with Maca)
- combats labial herpes (++) (synergy with Propolis)
- combats acne
Royal Jelly: Origins
Royal Jelly was mainly used in traditional Chinese medicine to promote long life, to prevent the premature aging of cells and to stimulate sexual vigor. Because of its high cost, it was reserved for the nobles of the Chinese empire. This was due to the high degree of difficulty in extracting it – since then, beekeeping techniques have greatly evolved. Royal Jelly’s reputation has made it one of the most widely researched and marketed food supplements in the world, but above all it is a product with a very rich composition. Indeed, it is this composition that gives it its powerful antioxidant and anti-aging properties.
Royal Jelly: Composition
Royal Jelly is a super food that is extremely rich in nutrients; it contains proteins (12%), sugar (11%), a high quantity of vitamins (B3, B5, B6, PP, H). It is also one of the best natural sources of vitamin B5, as well as amino acids, minerals (calcium, iron, copper, magnesium, phosphor, potassium, silicon, sulphur, sodium…) essential fatty acids (5%), carbohydrates (14%), trace elements, and natural antibacterial and antibiotic components. It is one of the richest and most complete food supplements, along with Goji Berry and Spirulina.
Royal Jelly: Dosage
It is recommended to take 2g to 4g of fresh Royal Jelly per day, or 300-550mg of lyophilized Royal Jelly, but also you can take one vial or 10ml-20ml liquid extract per day. Royal Jelly can be found in capsules but is more effective when consumed fresh, in the form of liquid or vials, so that most of its nutrients can be preserved. Further, organic Royal Jelly is preferred, in order to be certain of the best possible quality. It is recommended to take 3-4 courses of treatment per year, with each course lasting a maximum of 6-8 consecutive weeks. Fresh Royal Jelly should be stored in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight. It should be consumed within 6 months of purchase.
Royal Jelly: Ultimate effects, benefits, virtues
Royal Jelly is the ultimate food supplement, along with Ginseng and Maca, for restoring strength and energy, while improving concentration and balancing the nervous system. It is often combined with Ginseng in order to support the body during convalescence, and to help those lacking energy or suffering from overwork. Royal Jelly is effective for restoring strength and vitality, while protecting the body from various external attacks (bacteria, viruses, germs…), and is also especially effective against flu, when combined with Propolis. It is thus the number one remedy for treating weakness of the body (asthenia). Royal Jelly is also very useful for children and adolescents, as it promotes growth, and for athletes, as it provides a big increase in energy while avoiding deficiencies, as well as for the elderly and those suffering from stress or depression, because it stimulates the different functions of the body, regulates nervous tension, promotes good mood and protects from the premature aging of cells. Royal Jelly is also of great help in combating cholesterol. Additionally, it should be noted that Royal Jelly is one of the components of numerous cosmetic creams that reinforce and protect the skin, hair and nails.
Royal Jelly: Side-effects, contraindications
Royal Jelly should not be used by people allergic to bee products (as with Honey and Propolis) and thus should not be consumed in the case of bee sting allergies. Allergic reactions are characterized by asthma and eczema. It is recommended (as a preventative measure) to start with weak doses, so as to detect any possible allergy, and then to gradually increase dosage over a course of treatment. For those without allergies, within the recommended doses (and even above), there are no side effects, and it is a very safe product. Royal Jelly can be taken within a course of treatment at any age (from 6 years upwards).
Royal Jelly: Opinions of experts
Royal Jelly is simultaneously a sword (energy, vitality, nervous balance) and a shield (reinforcement of the immune system, protection from diseases and external attacks). This is why Royal Jelly, through its vast range of action, is considered to be an adaptogen (it adapts to the needs of the body) in the same way as medicinal plants such as Rhodiola, Ginseng, Maca or Ashwagandha. Royal Jelly thus responds to a great number of problems that the body encounters, and even if it does not directly treat a problem, it helps to provide the body with the energy and vitality necessary to overcome it.
Royal Jelly: More information
Royal Jelly is the food of the queen bee for her whole life, allowing her to lay more than 2,000 eggs per day and to live for 5-6 years, in contrast to the life expectancy of most bees which stands at a maximum of 2 months. Royal Jelly also allows the royal larvae to see their initial weight multiplied by 2,000 in the space of just 5 days.
Royal Jelly: Combination with other plants
Royal Jelly is very often combined with Ginseng (fatigue, energy, vitality, nervous balance) Honey and Propolis (winter protection, flu, tonsillitis, sore throat, infections, fatigue), but also combines well with Maca (energy, libido, aphrodisiac, convalescence), Rhodiola (stress, sleep, memory, nervous balance, endurance), Ashwagandha (sleep, strength, nervous balance), Guarana (readily available energy, lucidity, concentration) Goji Berry (excellent source of natural vitamin C, anti-aging and very powerful antioxidant) Spirulina (convalescence, growth, athletes, energy), Tribulus (aphrodisiac, athletes, muscle building, endurance, libido) and Ginkgo biloba (concentration, memory, blood circulation).
Copyright © 2012 MR GINSENG.COM – All rights reserved.